Seven Last Words Coloring Posters: Our newest collection of coloring posters for Lent are the Seven Last Words Coloring Posters, and they are available for purchase now. The seven last words of Jesus from the cross, also known as the sayings of Jesus on the cross, are commonly used in churches around the world during Lent, specifically on Good Friday. Perhaps you’ve attended a Tenebrae service on Good Friday that focused on the seven last words of Jesus. Or maybe the seven last words aren’t focused on much in your tradition, and these are new to you. Either way, we think you’re going to love our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters.
Seven Last Words of Jesus for all ages
As we shared this idea with a group of our customers, some shared an initial concern about the topic of the crucifixion, and how children would receive it. Illustrated Children’s Ministry serves communities from over 60+ denominations, and we wanted to create a way to reflect on these seven last words that would be visually appropriate for all ages and for people from different theological backgrounds.
We have spent a lot of time discussing this as a team, and we are excited about the poster designs and the content of the accompanying devotional guide. We think that the coloring posters and devotional guide are age-appropriate for young children, and will appeal to all of our customers.
Aware that there was so much to focus on with the sayings of Jesus on the cross, we decided to focus on one specific word from each of the seven sayings. That word then informed the direction of our illustrations, as well as the content for the devotional guide.
As we have done in the past, we are publishing a Seven Last Words Devotional Guide, that can be used together with the coloring posters. The devotional guide focuses on the word we chose from each of the sayings. The devotions (appropriate for all ages) focus on connecting the chosen word and Jesus’ life-giving words from the cross, to our daily lives today.
Below you can see our focus word for the poster illustration and devotional guide:
- Poster 1: KNOW – God, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Poster 2: TRUTH – Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Poster 3: HERE – Here is your son. Here is your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- Poster 4: FORSAKEN – My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- Poster 5: THIRSTY – I am thirsty. (John 19:28)
- Poster 6: FINISHED – It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Poster 7: COMMEND – God, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
- Poster 8: BELIEVE – (with a focus on selected verses from Luke 24:1-12)
We love seeing how communities use our large coloring posters! But if that project seems like a bit too much, we have many other ways to engage with the Seven Last Words theme. We have coloring pages, a devotional guide that one could use with the coloring pages, and more. All of the details are below:
- Seven Last Words Coloring Posters: You can purchase the physical posters, digital files, or get both. We will also have a colored digital version available for purchase.
- Seven Last Words Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for our youngest coloring friends.
- Seven Last Words Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: Our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters include seven posters from the seven last words, as well as an eighth poster that focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter. You can purchase a digital version of this poster individually.
Our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters will include seven 2’x3′ coloring posters, as well as an eighth 6’x2′ poster that will focus on resurrection and Easter, and can be incorporated into your Easter preparations and plans. The seven 2’x3′ posters include an illustration with the seven last words included in a ‘black frame’ around the illustration (see above image for a sample of a colored Poster 1).
The posters will be printed on the same high-quality, 32lb heavyweight white paper that all of our posters are printed on. These posters will be shipped to you in a 25″ heavy-duty cardboard paper tube. For more details about pricing, as well as shipping information, please download your Seven Last Words Info Guide here.
Pricing and ordering options:
- Physical Coloring Posters: $85
- B&W Digital Files: $50
- Color Digital Files (also includes the B&W Digital Files): $100
- Bundle: Add the B&W Digital Files files to your purchase of the physical posters for only $25 when you use the discount code SEVEN-WORDS-BUNDLE at checkout. Offer only available with the B&W Digital Files, not the Color Digital Files.
How would I use these Seven Last Words Coloring Posters?
We’re glad you asked! We have a blog post with many ideas for how to use our posters in many different settings, including churches, schools, nursing homes and retirement communities, and more! You can read it here.
Get ideas here: People are already starting to share ideas about our posters and Lent in our Facebook Group, and that’s a great place to get information – you can request to join here!
Good Friday Services: One of the reasons we are so excited about our these posters is that our community is so creative, and we can’t wait to see how they decide to use them! Since many churches have Good Friday Tenebrae services and use the seven last words of Jesus, we think there could be many ways to incorporate these posters into worship. Or maybe you could color the posters and then set up a guided prayer space for people to use during Holy Week, or they could experience it after a Good Friday Service.
We’ve found that some of the most creative ideas for how to use our products actually come from the churches and communities who use our materials. So, what are YOUR thoughts or questions?