An Illustrated Summer for Churches
An Illustrated Summer for Churches is a complete set of children’s worship resources for the summer. When you purchase it, you will receive thirteen weeks’ worth of Illustrated Children’s Moments and Worship Activity Sheets. Both the illustrations of the Bible stories and the Worship Activity Sheets are based on the Revised Common Lectionary passages from June 5 through August 28.
Pricing starts at $30. You can also purchase either the Illustrated Children’s Moments or the Worship Activity Sheets separately (see below).
You will receive thirteen original hand-drawn illustrations based on Revised Common Lectionary texts from June 5 to August 28. Scroll down beneath the product descriptions to see the list of illustrated stories that are included in this resource.
Buy Illustrated Children’s Moments Only
Worship Activity Sheets
Our Worship Activity Sheets are a creative, engaging way for children to participate in the worship service. Based on the Revised Common Lectionary texts, they provide children with a variety of fun things to do during worship, including imaginative drawing in response to the scripture.
An Illustrated Summer for Churches is our church resource for the summer of 2016. Like we did for An Illustrated Advent and An Illustrated Lent, we provide churches with creative children’s worship resources, including Illustrated Children’s Moments and Worship Activity Sheets.
Children’s Worship Resources
Too often we try to make up creative object lessons or turn the children’s moment into a time of entertainment for the church. We believe that time is served best when it is used to simply tell the story to children, and we create art that helps achieve that goal. These illustrations help bring the stories of the Bible to life during children’s moments and sermons.
For An Illustrated Summer, we have created illustrations based on the Revised Common Lectionary from June 5 through August 28. Below you can find a list of the stories we have illustrated. Each illustration also comes with a leader guide that gives you some prompts and ideas for how you might use the illustration during worship.
- June 5 – Third Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 7:11–17
- June 12 – Fourth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 7:36–8:3
- June 19 – Fifth Sunday after Pentecost: 1 Kings 19:1–4, (5–7), 8–15a
- June 26 – Sixth Sunday after Pentecost: Galatians 5:1, 13–25
- July 3 – Seventh Sunday after Pentecost: 2 Kings 5:1–14
- July 10 – Eighth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 10:25–37
- July 17 – Ninth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 10:38–42
- July 24 – Tenth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 11:1–13
- July 31 – Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 12:13–21
- August 7 – Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 12:32–40
- August 14 – Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Hebrews 11:29–12:2
- August 21 – Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Jeremiah 1:4–10
- August 28 – Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Luke 14:1, 7–14
Worship Activity Sheets
People have told us that our Worship Activity Sheets are more relevant, engaging, and creative than many of the other children’s worship resources out there. We initially created a small worship activity sheet for Advent 2015, and then came out with a more robust one for Lent 2016. This summer, we’ve put together worship activity sheets for every Sunday, and we are excited about the way this aspect of our ministry is growing. The worship activity sheets are based off the Revised Common Lectionary, and they include many different types of activities: mazes, word searches, space for imaginative drawing in response to the scripture, coloring, and more.
Here are some examples: