Illustrated Children’s Ministry creates illustrated faith resources for churches, including large coloring posters, coloring pages, worship resources, Children’s Worship bulletins, curriculum and more. We support churches who are looking for ways to creatively engage their communities in intergenerational programming.
Illustrated Worship Resources
Illustrated Children’s Ministry began, at first, with a desire to create illustrated Bible stories for children. That led to a greater focus on how Illustrated Children’s Ministry could provide churches with worship resources, and now we have a line of our worship resources called Illustrated Worship Resources. They include both our Illustrated Children’s Moments (which are full-color illustrations of Bible stories, but also available as coloring pages) and our Children’s Worship bulletins. Our children’s worship bulletins are creative, engaging, and filled with white space for creative drawing and coloring. More importantly, they don’t look like they were made with Microsoft Works in the early ’90s. These are typically purchased in our quarterly bundles, but you can also purchase either the Illustrated Children’s Moments or Children’s Worship bulletins individually.
Beginning in the fall of 2016, we began offering our Illustrated Worship Resources year-round for the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL). For a full listing of our available Illustrated Worship Resources, visit our store here.
Children’s Worship Bulletins
People have told us that our children’s worship bulletins are more relevant, engaging, and creative than many others out there. While we initially created these just for Advent in 2015, there has been an increasing demand for them, and we now offer them year-round for the Revised Common Lectionary, and occasionally for the Narrative Lectionary. The worship bulletins include many different types of activities: mazes, word searches, space for imaginative drawing in response to the scripture, coloring, and more. You can see a few examples below and browse our store here.
Illustrated Children’s Moments
These illustrations help leaders tell the stories of the Bible to children during children’s moments and sermons. Too often we try to make up creative object lessons or turn the children’s moment into a time of entertainment for the congregation. We believe that time is served best when it is used to simply tell the Bible story to children, and we create art that helps achieve that goal. We provide creative, full-color illustrations, as well as B&W versions that can be used as coloring pages; they are a part of our Illustrated Worship Resources. You can see a few examples below.
Coloring Posters & Coloring Pages
Perhaps the most popular illustrated faith resource for churches we offer is our large coloring posters! Coloring is popular right now among people of all ages, and we’ve found coloring to be an amazing intergenerational activity for churches. When churches use our coloring posters and pages, people of all ages sit down to color, engage in conversation, and enjoy doing something fun and creative together. The best way check out our most current offering of coloring posters (those currently available to ship and those that are only available digitally) is to check out our store here. Below are a few of our most popular sets of coloring posters:
- Psalms Coloring Posters: These posters are inspired by the Lenten Psalm texts for Lent (Year B), and the set includes nine 24″ x 36″ posters that your community can use during Lent, for a study of the Psalms, or maybe for a special activity on a retreat. To learn more and order your posters, you can find the Psalms Coloring Posters on our store here.
- Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters: This set of posters came out with our summer children’s ministry curriculum in 2017, An Illustrated Compassion. You can read more about our curriculum and its coloring posters here.
- Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters: For Lent 2017, we created a set of coloring posters that depict the Stations of the Cross (the scriptural form of the stations as opposed to the traditional form). You can read all about them here.
- 2016 Advent Coloring Posters: Our 2016 Advent Coloring Posters include 5 posters (four 4′ x 3′ posters and one 2′ x 6′ poster) that come together to form a giant 10′ x 6′ illustration that depicts the story of the birth of Christ. Learn more about them here. We are currently sold out of our physical posters, but you can always continue to purchase our digital files and print them out locally.
- Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters: These posters go along with our Illustrated Earth curriculum. They include twelve illustrated coloring posters, depicting stories about water, plants, and food, and animals—from both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. You can order them here.
- Inspired Coloring Posters: These designs are the same as the Advent Coloring Poster designs, but they just have different words in the middle. The words for these posters are: Inspire, Laugh, Dream, Believe, and Imagine. They are also 4′ x 3′. You can order the digital files here, and we are planning on having some more of the physical posters in stock by winter 2016/2017.
What do you need?
Our purpose is to help you with your children’s ministry—so it’s important for us to know what would be the most helpful resource for you. We would love to hear from you and learn what illustrated faith resources you would like to be able to use in your context. Please contact us and share with us your ideas!