Illustrated Children’s Ministry creates illustrated faith resources to churches, including large coloring posters, coloring sheets, Illustrated Children’s Moments, Children’s Worship Bulletins, curriculum and more. We support churches who are looking for ways to creatively engage children in their communities.
Large Coloring Posters & Coloring Sheets
Perhaps the most popular illustrated faith resource for churches we offer are our large coloring posters–check out some of these Instagram reviews! Coloring is popular right now among people of all ages, and we’ve found coloring to be an amazing intergenerational activity for churches. When churches use our coloring posters and sheets, people of all ages sit down to color, engage in conversation, and enjoy doing something fun and creative together. We currently offer a few different options for coloring posters:
- Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters: For Lent 2017, we have created a set of coloring posters that depict the Stations of the Cross (the scriptural form of the stations as opposed to the traditional form). You can read all about them here.
- 2016 Advent Coloring Posters: Our 2016 Advent Coloring Posters include 5 posters (four 4′ x 3′ posters and one 2′ x 6′ poster) that come together to form a giant 10′ x 6′ illustration that depicts the story of the birth of Christ. Learn more about them here. We are currently sold out of our physical posters, but you can always continue to purchase our digital files and print them out locally.
- Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters: These posters go along with our Illustrated Earth curriculum. They include twelve illustrated coloring posters, depicting stories about water, plants and food, and animals—from both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. You can order them here.
- Advent Coloring Posters (2015): These were the first coloring posters we offered. While they were initially designed for Advent, they can be used for any occasion. They are large 4′ x 3′ posters with creative, original, hand-drawn designs on them, and each of the five posters includes a word in the middle. The words are: Hope, Peace, Joy, Love, and Emmanuel. You can order them here.
- Inspired Coloring Posters: These designs are the same as the Advent Coloring Poster designs, but they just have different words in the middle. The words for these posters are: Inspire, Laugh, Dream, Believe, and Imagine. They are also 4′ x 3′. You can order the digital files here, and we are planning on having some more of the physical posters in stock by winter 2016/2017.
- Lenten Coloring Posters (2016): This set of nine posters is a smaller size (2′ x 3′). They were designed to help congregations walk through a journey with Christ through Lent and approaching Holy Week and Easter. Each poster is connected to a different scripture from the Narrative Lectionary (2016) and includes a word that highlights the theme of each passage. You can see some photos of the posters being colored here, and you can order them here.
Illustrated Worship Resources
Illustrated Children’s Ministry began, at first, with a desire to create illustrated Bible stories for children. That led to a greater focus on how Illustrated Children’s Ministry could provide churches with worship resources, and now we have a line of our worship resources called Illustrated Worship Resources. They include both our Illustrated Children’s Moments (which you can typically purchase as full-color finished illustrations) or as a black and white coloring packet.
We have also developed our own line of Children’s Worship Bulletins. We like to say that they are children’s bulletins that don’t look like they were made with Microsoft Works in the late ’90s. Both of these can be purchased individually, but we think it makes most sense to buy the materials together.
Frequency: Starting in the fall of 2016, we started offering our Illustrated Worship Resources year-round for the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) and occasionally for the Narrative Lectionary (NL). Below is a listing of our recent releases:
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Spring 2017 (3/5 – 6/4 RCL)
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Winter 2016-2017 (11/27 – 2/26 RCL)
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Advent 2016 (Available for both the Revised Common Lectionary and the Narrative Lectionary)
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Fall 2016 (9/4 – 11/20 RCL)
Illustrated Children’s Moments
These illustrations help leaders tell the stories of the Bible to children during children’s moments and sermons. Too often we try to make up creative object lessons or turn the children’s moment into a time of entertainment for the church. We believe that time is served best when it is used to simply tell the story to children, and we create art that helps achieve that goal. We provide creative, full-color illustrations, as well as B&W versions that can be used as coloring pages; they are a part of our Illustrated Worship Resources. You can see a few examples below.
Children’s Worship Bulletins
People have told us that our children’s worship bulletins are more relevant, engaging, and creative than many others out there. While we initially created these just for Advent in 2015, there has been an increasing demand for them, and we now offer them year-round for the Revised Common Lectionary, and occasionally for the Narrative Lectionary. The worship bulletins include many different types of activities: mazes, word searches, space for imaginative drawing in response to the scripture, coloring, and more. You can see a few examples below.
What do you need?
Our purpose is to help you with your children’s ministry—so it’s important for us to know what would be the most helpful resource for you. We would love to hear from you and learn what illustrated faith resources you would like to be able to use in your context. Please contact us and share with us your ideas!