In 2015, we launched our very first set of coloring posters for Advent, our Hope, Peace, Joy & Love Coloring Posters. We sold out of the 250 sets we ordered, and Illustrated Children’s Ministry started to take off quick!
In 2016, 1,092 churches ordered our coloring posters for Advent, and to date, we’ve had 1,165 churches order our Advent Journey Coloring Posters from 2017.
This year, we’re thrilled to announce our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters, which you can purchase here.
In addition to our large physical coloring posters, we will also offer the related products below:
- A digital version of the posters
- Mary’s Song Coloring Pages: 8.5×11 coloring pages (including a simplified version for our youngest artists)
- Mary’s Song Devotional Guide: A devotional guide for both adults and children (and all ages in between!) to use as a companion to our posters and coloring pages
We hope you’ll take a moment to check out this post and look at the video and poster illustrations below.
CLICK HERE to download a free PDF of information that you can take to your colleagues/committees/staff meetings to share about our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters!
Mary’s Song Coloring Poster Themes from Luke 1 46-55
For this year’s posters, we are looking at the traditional Advent themes through the lens of Mary’s Song, found in Luke 1 46-55. This passage is also known as the Magnificat prayer.
Below is a list of the posters and the scripture included on each of them:
- Poster 1 • Hope (Luke 1:46-50): All generations will call me blessed.
- Poster 2 • Peace (Luke 1:51-53): God has filled the hungry with good things.
- Poster 3 • Joy (Luke 1:54-55): The promise made to our ancestors.
- Poster 4 • Love (Luke 1:39-45, 56): Blessed is She who believed.
- Poster 5 • God is With Us (Luke 2:1-18): I am bringing Good News of great joy for all the people.
These posters are designed to take you through the Gospel of Luke’s account of the Magnificat prayer of Mary and Jesus’ birth, found in Luke 1 46-55. Through the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters (and the accompanying devotional guide), you will explore the themes of the HOPE we have when we remember all God has done, the PEACE that comes with God’s provision, the JOY we have in God’s promises, the LOVE we feel from God’s blessings and the celebration knowing GOD IS WITH US.
As we thought about what to focus on for this year’s posters, we contemplated various passages of scripture, the world that we live in right now, and what we wanted to speak into that world through our art. In the end, we felt that the Magnificat prayer, Mary’s revolutionary and subversive song and prayer from Luke 1 46-55, felt like an important message to share.
Take a moment to view the posters and hear the words from Luke 1 46-55 in the video below:
This Advent, let us stop and ponder the words of the Magnificat prayer of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and imagine how we might bring about this vision and prayer in our world today.
Below are more detailed images of each of the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters:
Who Uses ICM’s Coloring Posters?
So many different groups of people have used our coloring posters over the years: Sunday School classes, youth groups, college ministries, men’s and women’s Bible studies, nursing home residents, and more!
But we’ve found that churches who have taken the time to create intergenerational opportunities with the coloring posters have received one of the greatest gifts of all: deepened relationships among people of all ages.
If you’re having a hard time imagining what it would look like in your space to use our coloring posters, take a look at some of the photos below and start getting creative!
How Do I Use the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters?
We are so excited to see all of the creative ways that congregations and communities use these Mary’s Song Coloring Posters. Almost 1,200 churches used last year’s posters, and we loved seeing all of the fantastic photos they shared with us. Here are some testimonials, and ideas, from churches who have used our posters in the past. And if you’re wondering how you can display your posters as beautiful art in your church when they’re colored, take a look at this fantastic tutorial for creating beautiful wooden poster hangers! And finally – here are ten creative ways to use our large coloring posters!
As we mentioned above, we’ve learned that most churches find the posters to be a slam dunk when it comes to developing intergenerational ministry. If you’re looking for ways to use these posters intergenerationally, here are a few ideas:
- Host an all-ages education hour during Advent. Use our Mary’s Song Devotional Guide as the curriculum for the classes.
- Start coloring the posters during your Advent Fair.
- Have your children’s ministry or youth ministry take a poster to a nursing home to color with the residents.
- Host a simple soup/salad/sandwiches dinner on Wednesday nights during Advent and have conversation and coloring before or after eating together.
- Leave the coloring posters out on tables during Fellowship/Coffee Hour after church for people to sit, color, and talk with one another.
Here’s What You Need To Know About the Posters
Poster Details & Cost
Our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters are made up of five large posters that cover Advent themes from the Magnificat prayer. The first four are 3’ x 2’, and the fifth poster is 6’ x 2’. You can purchase the physical posters, digital files to print yourself, or add the digital files to your order of the physical posters for the most flexibility to use the posters in a variety of ways.
The cost for our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters are listed below:
- Physical Coloring Posters: $75
- Digital Files ONLY: $50
- Or you can add the digital files to your purchase of the physical posters for only $25. Simply add BOTH the Physical Coloring Posters and the Digital Files to your cart and enter the discount code MARYS-SONG-BUNDLE at checkout.
The posters are on sale now! And we will be accepting orders for the posters until Friday, November 2. We will ship the posters based on when we received the orders. So, the sooner you want your posters, the sooner you should order!
UPS ships our posters in heavy-weight cardboard poster tubes. Because we use UPS, we cannot ship posters to P.O. Boxes. If you list a P.O. Box as the shipping address, your order will be delayed until we can be in touch with you to determine an appropriate physical mailing address.
We ship our posters to the United States and Canada. Our other international customers outside of Canada have successfully purchased the digital versions of our posters, and gotten them printed locally.
How Can I Find Out More Information About the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters?
We hope you’re as excited about our Mary’s Song Coloring Poster as we are. And we’d love to make sure you know precisely when we release them. Here are some ways that you can stay updated on the launch of our posters:
- ICM Email List: Being on our email list is the best way to make sure you don’t miss any announcements about our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters. An easy way to jump on our list is to download this PDF here!
- Social Media: Following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram is another way to make sure you see our poster announcement. And besides, we have a lot of fun on social media, and we’d love for you to join us!
- ICM Community Facebook Group: Finally – if you haven’t joined our Facebook GROUP yet (and yes, this IS different than our Facebook Page – which you should probably LIKE as well), I’d highly recommend it. Our Illustrated Children’s Ministry Community Facebook Group is an excellent online community that shares ideas, examples of how people are using our materials, and we get a lot of great feedback and product ideas from our community members. Plus, there are exclusive discounts/promos given to our Facebook Group from time to time. You can request to join the Group here.
What Questions Do You Have?
Do you have questions about our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters? We will be taking your questions in the Facebook Group, but you can also leave them as comments here, and we will reply as soon as we are able. We may also collect questions and hold a Facebook Live Event where we will go through all of the poster questions. So let us know how we can be helpful in answering your questions.