All of us here on the Illustrated Children’s Ministry team have been working on Advent resources for the past few months. We’re getting closer to being ready to share them with you!
We’ll be launching all of our Advent products on
Tuesday, October 16.
But we figured that since many of you are already planning for Advent, we wanted to share what would available this Advent from Illustrated Children’s Ministry.
Below is a list of what will be launching on October 16, along with a brief description of each product. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us here.
What’s Coming for Advent 2018?
Mary’s Song Coloring Posters and Coloring Pages
Illustrated Children’s Ministry started over 3 years ago with the creation of our Advent coloring posters. This is now the fourth year we have created giant coloring posters for Advent. For this year’s posters, we are returning to the traditional themes of Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love.
We are looking at the traditional Advent themes through the lens of Mary’s Song, found in Luke 1. The Mary’s Song Coloring Posters set includes five posters. The four Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love posters are 3′ x 2′ and the larger God is with us poster is 6′ x 2′.
Below is a list of the posters and the scripture included on each of them:
- Poster 1 • Hope (Luke 1:46-50): All generations will call me blessed.
- Poster 2 • Peace (Luke 1:51-53): God has filled the hungry with good things.
- Poster 3 • Joy (Luke 1:54-55): The promise made to our ancestors.
- Poster 4 • Love (Luke 1:39-45, 56): Blessed is she who believed.
- Poster 5 • God is With Us (Luke 2:1-18): I am bringing Good News of great joy for all the people.
We hope you will begin imagining how you might use these beautiful coloring posters this season with your congregations, schools, and communities! And if you’re looking for some ideas, start here and then get creative!
Mary’s Song Devotional Guide
Our Mary’s Song Devotional Guide is designed to take you through the Gospel of Luke’s account of Mary’s Magnificat and Jesus’ birth as you color the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters & Coloring Pages. This devotional guide includes five short reflections and questions for both children and adults. It explores the themes of the HOPE we have when we remember all God has done, the PEACE that comes with God’s provision, the JOY we have in God’s promises, the LOVE we feel from God’s blessings and the celebration knowing GOD IS WITH US.
The devotional guide is great for churches to use in addition to the posters. It is also a great resource for individuals looking for an Advent devotional.
An Illustrated Advent for Families: Preparing the Way
Families are often searching for meaningful ways to talk about the birth of Christ but feel unprepared. No need to feel under-resourced or under-qualified to put together activities for your families. We’re here to help!
This year, our theme is “Preparing the Way.” As we journey through this season of Advent together, you will be introduced to prophets, or God’s messengers, who helped prepare God’s people for Jesus’ arrival. You will also encounter individuals who faced the unexpected, trusting in the promises of God for their lives, and yet continued to prepare for Jesus.
Each week, you will have the opportunity to create time and space to prepare for Jesus through scripture readings, discussions, and activities together. Our Advent devotions are based on passages from the Revised Common Lectionary readings. They are written so they can be used by children and adults of all ages.
An Illustrated Advent for Families: Preparing the Way will also include coloring pages to go along with the devotions, an Advent Calendar, and our brand new Illustrated Ornament Set (new for 2018!).
An Illustrated Nativity Sticker Sheet
We are probably most excited about our Illustrated Nativity Sticker Sheet! This has been one of our most requested products – Nativity stickers with characters who aren’t white! And now we have what you’ve been asking for!
When you order our Illustrated Nativity Sticker Sheet, you’ll also get a digital illustration of a stable that you can use in any number of ways. Print it out at home to use, or print it in your bulletin for Christmas Eve so kids can put the stickers from the sticker sheet directly into the bulletin! We wanted to make this product as versatile as possible.
In terms of the quality of stickers, you won’t be able to find any stickers like these on those online discount stores. Our designs are unique, hand-drawn, authentic, and diverse. The stickers themselves are made in the USA, at a sticker company in Longmont, Colorado. They use premium, high-quality white vinyl and a special clear coat added for extra protection.
We think you’re going to love our sticker sheet!
Stand-alone Advent Activities
Our previous editions of An Illustrated Advent for Families have been very popular! We’ve even received requests for some of the activities to be pulled out and offered as stand-alone activities.
You asked and we listened! These stand-alone products are perfect for families to use at home, or for Advent Fairs or other times at churches or schools when you may need a fun activity. Below are the three that will be available this year:
- An Illustrated Nativity: This activity was originally in our 2016 edition of An Illustrated Advent for Families. With An Illustrated Nativity, you can color and cut out different characters from the Nativity scene and build your own at home, together as a family.
- An Illustrated Advent Wreath: Our Illustrated Advent Wreath was incredibly popular, and was originally in our 2017 edition of An Illustrated Advent for Families. You can color and cut out paper candles to go along with your paper Advent Wreath as a family or at your school or church
- An Illustrated Ornament Set: New for this year’s edition of An Illustrated Advent for Families: Preparing the Way, we are creating An Illustrated Ornament Set. You will find beautiful ornaments that you can color and hang on your tree. These will be included in An Illustrated Advent for Families: Preparing the Way. However, you can also purchase it separately.
Illustrated Worship Resources
In addition to all of the above products, we will also launch our next batch of worship resources on October 16. Those products are listed below:
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Winter 2018-2019
- Bible Story Coloring Pages: Winter 2018-2019
- Illustrated Worship Resources: Advent 2018
- The Advent Edition will include children’s worship bulletins, Illustrated Children’s Moments and the Bible Story Coloring Pages for the four Sundays of Advent and the Sunday after Christmas.
So if we’re a little quiet over the next couple weeks…know that we’re busy getting all of this Advent goodness ready for all y’all!